Eid Milad un Nabi or Eid-e-Milad marks the birth of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad. The celebration begins on Oct. 8 and ends Oct. 9. It is considered an important day for Muslims all across the world.
The festival is also known as Nabi Day, Mawlid, Muhammad’s Birthday, or the Prophet’s Birthday.
Here are some quotes, courtesy Kidadl, to share on this day.
“I leave behind me two things, The Quran and My Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.”
2. “Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases. The first is a person, whom Allah has given wealth & he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Quran) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.”
3. “Feed the hungry, Visit the sick, Set free captives.”
4. “Leave me as I leave you, for the people who were before you were ruined because their questions and their differences over the prophets. So, if I forbid you to do something, then keep away from it. And if I order you to do something, then do of it as much as you can.”
5.”All pious believers shall deem it their bounden duty to defend believers and to aid them wheresoever’s they may be, whether far or near, and throughout Christendom shall protect the places where they conduct worship and those where their monks and priests dwell.”
6. “If Christian women enter a Muslim household, she shall be received with kindness, and she shall be given opportunity to pray in her church; there shall be no dispute between her and a man who loves her religion.”
7. “No Christian shall be brought by force to confess Islam, and no disputes except over the better things shall be envisaged in with them. Moslems shall extend over the Christians everywhere the arm of mercy and kindness, protecting them from the exactions of oppressors.”
8. “The Christians… respected my alliance. They recognized my rights. They fulfilled the promises that they had made during our meeting. They assisted the lieutenants that I had sent to the frontiers. They earned my concern and my affection by fulfilling the obligations that I had contracted with them…”
9. “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although there is good in each. Desire that which will bring you benefit, and seek help from Allah and do not give way to incapacity. If something happens to you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such-and-such.’ Rather say, ‘The decree of Allah. He does what He will.’ Otherwise you will open yourself up to the action of Shaitan.”
10. “The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger.
- Muslim Pilgrims Gather For Peak Of Haj East Of Mecca
- Eid Al-Adha Quotes 2022