“90 Day Fiancé” star Paul Staehle denied that he and his 3-year-old son Pierre are missing from Louisville, KY despite a report filed on the two last week.
On Saturday, TMZ reported that Paul dismissed claims that he kidnapped Pierre, who he shares with estranged wife Karine Martins. Last week, a now-deleted bulletin was posted about the father and son by Missing People in America group.
Instead, Paul claims he and Pierre have been away on a long work trip since early June. The TLC star said he brought Pierre along on his travels because the child suffers from separation anxiety.
Paul, who also shares another son, Ethan, with Karine, told the outlet he had obtained sole custody over the two boys in recent months.
However, he has been traveling between Pennsylvania and Florida with Pierre over the last few weeks, looking for work.
Since his departure from his home state, child protective services have taken custody of Ethan, who was being cared for by Paul’s mother. A missing person’s report on the reality star was then filed with the police.
Meanwhile, a rep for Karine appeared to address the incident on Saturday through a statement written in Portuguese on her Instagram Story.
The statement revealed Karine was doing well following the filing of the missing persons report and thanked the “90 Day Fiancé” cast member’s fans for their support.
Karine is expected to host a live session on social media in which she will address the incident, but it is unclear when it will happen.
In late 2021, rumors suggested Paul and Karine were heading for a divorce when the Brazil native told fans the two split. A video later surfaced in which Karine was seen being abusive toward Paul.
For now, Paul revealed he and Pierre are headed back to Louisville, where he hopes to regain custody of his children.