Fox Footy’s Longest Kick returns to the Yarra for 2022 for the first time in three years, with at least nine stars hoping to break Bryce Gibbs’ famous record.
Collingwood’s Jack Ginnivan, Hawthorn’s James Sicily, Melbourne’s Steven May and Carlton’s Charlie Curnow will be among the players competing for the ugliest sports trophy.
Last year’s Longest Kick was held at Marvel Stadium amid Covid-enforced restrictions in Melbourne.
Watch Fox Footy’s massive Grand Final Day coverage on Kayo including the Grand Final Breakfast, Longest Kick competition, and huge pre-game analysis from the best team in the business. New to Kayo? Try 14 days free >
But contestants will this year attempt to clear the Yarra River at Birrarung Marr, just like the first five editions of the event.
Former Blue and Crow Bryce Gibbs holds the record with 72.3m.
Fox Footy’s Longest Kick will begin at 11am (AEST). You can watch it live on Fox Footy.
FOX FOOTY LONGEST KICK 2022 LEADERBOARD
– Al Downie (team captain), Collingwood. The new ruck with a big kick.
– Chloe Molloy (team captain), Collingwood. A skilled and fierce competitor.
– Cameron Zurhaar, North Melbourne. The Tank will aim to launch the Sherrin across the Yarra.
– Charlie Curnow, Carlton. The game’s most athletic full-forward and 2022’s Coleman Medallist.
– Darcy Fogarty, Adelaide. Coming off his personal best season – a young gun with a booming kick.
– Jack Ginnivan, Collingwood. Fan-favourite cult-figure aiming to entertain off the field as well.
– James Sicily, Hawthorn. The Hawthorn captain who can do it all.
– Sam Draper, Essendon. The Goal of the Year recipient who has already proven his kicking prowess.
– Steven May, Melbourne. The game’s premier defender with a big powerful left foot.
FOX FOOTY LONGEST KICK WINNERS
2021:Jarryd Roughead — 59.0m
2019: Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 66.8m
2018: Jack Gunston (Hawthorn) — 66.9m
2017: Brendan Fevola — 66.1m
2016: Bryce Gibbs (Carlton) — 72.3m
2015: Drew Petrie (North Melbourne) — 60.4m
Follow the Longest Kick in our live blog below.
If you can’t see the blog, tap here.