Almost three months after losing his lightweight unification bout to Devin Haney, George Kambosos Jr. will have one more chance at making history as a rematch between the two was confirmed.
Haney (28-0) beat Kambosos Jr. (20-1) via unanimous decision on June 5 at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne to become the first-ever undisputed lightweight champion of the world, silencing the 40,000-plus fans in attendance.
Watch Boxing Live & On-Demand on Kayo. Selected international fights, classic bouts and more. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >
Kambosos Jr. let the cat out of the bag last week when he revealed to foxsports.com.au the date as he prepares to take back the belts on October 16 at Rod Laver Arena.
“I’m just look forward to doing the talking in the ring,” Kambosos said.
“Revenge, redemption, whatever it is.
Sad AJ reality exposed in wild rant as ‘yes-men’ blamed for downfall that once seemed impossible
‘This needs to stop’: Tyson Fury’s plea after cousin stabbed to death in ‘senseless’ knife attack
‘Gypsy King is here to stay’: Fury brutally calls out Usyk and AJ after ‘s**t’ world title fight
“For now, like I said, I’m enjoying the fruits of my labour. And when it’s time to fight, I’ll be ready to fight.”
Ahead of their first meeting, Kambosos Jr. wrote in a rematch clause into the contract, which Haney agreed to.
And the Aussie star believes he will be fully ready for whatever Haney throws his way.
“The support’s there and the love is there and, no matter what, they’re always going to be supporting me, my fan base,” Kambosos said.
“I don’t have to sell the fight this time.
“I know the support will be there, and it’s up to other people to sell the fight.
“The fans and everyone else will see how confident I am. I’m just enjoying my time and when that day comes, I’m sure I’ll be ready.”