All Saints’ Day is marked annually on Nov. 1, just a day after Halloween. It also comes a day before All Souls’ Days.
This day is observed to honor the fallen — the anointed saints, who are now in heaven. Christians observe All Saints’ Day and offer special prayers at church.
It is a holy day of obligation in the Catholic Church, which means that worshippers must go to Mass. In Celtic culture, November month is considered the darkest month of the year. This is because of the extreme changes in weather, farming, and agriculture, as well as the general sense of death and darkness.
While the exact history of this day is not known, according to some theories, Pope Boniface IV established All Saints’ Day.
Here are some quotes for remembering the departed on All Souls Day:
1. “Love God, serve God; everything is in that.” – St. Clare of Assisi
2. “Christ said, “I am the Truth”; he did not say “I am the custom.” – St. Toribio
3. “There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers.” – Saint Teresa of Avila
4. “You cannot be half a saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all.” – St. Therese of Lisieux
5. “Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.” – St. Augustine of Hippo
6. “Our Lord loves you and loves you tenderly; and if He does not let you feel the sweetness of His love, it is to make you more humble and abject in your own eyes.” – St. Pio of Pietrelcino
7. “Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you.” – Isaac of Nineveh
8. “Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” – St. Ignatius of Antioch
9. “Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!” – St. Augustine
10. “We are to love God for Himself, because of a twofold reason; nothing is more reasonable, nothing more profitable.” – St. Bernard of Clairvaux
- Drones Spray Holy Water At India Hindu Festival As Huge Crowds Defy Covid Rules
- 10 Best Inspirational Books For Women On International Women’s Day 2022