Those who follow health and wellness news have likely heard about CBD, the active ingredient in CBD oils, and other CBD products. CBD is a great alternative to medical marijuana for those people that are looking for health benefits of the cannabis sativa plant, without the negative psychoactive effects of THC. Also, marijuana plant based products are not legal under federal law, so CBD may be a great alternative.
What is CBDTo understand what makes CBD safe and effective, it’s important to understand first what CBD is, and how it interacts with the body. CBD, which is short for cannabidiol, is one of over one hundred compounds found in the cannabis plant. CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a very complex system of cannabinoid receptors in our central and peripheral nervous systems. CBD functions in the human body by triggering the production of natural endocannabinoids in the body that attach to the bodies cannabinoid receptors. Early research shows that CBD may have great potential in the wellness industry.
Is CBD Safe?
CBD is legal per the 2018 Farm Bill, however there is a lack of regulation on CBD products at the federal level. Most CBD products are marketed as dietary supplements, similar to vitamins, but U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not yet made this classification. So how can you make sure the products you are using are safe?
- Search for products that use hemp plants that are sustainably farmed in the United States. US hemp farms are state regulated and surveyed by their respective agriculture agencies. CBD derived from hemp plants that are grown outside the US do not have this regulation and may produce low quality CBD that is contaminated with chemicals and pesticides.
- Investigate how the CBD is extracted and purified. This process should take place in a GMP certified facility, using critical CO2 as the extraction method. Extraction by solvent, such as ethanol is not as preferred due to the introduction of the hydrocarbon.
- Look for laboratory testing results. Products are supported by lab testing ensures that the efficacy, the amount of CBD that is claimed to be in the product. Lab tests will also ensure there are no harmful chemical compounds, heavy metals, molds, or THC, if you are searching for a THC Free product.
- Check the ingredients that are in the product. CBD will be combined with additional ingredients that could possibly produce an allergic reaction. For example, CBD oils will have a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, or olive oil. Look to see if the product is gluten free, and non GMO. Finally, make sure that it doesn’t contain harmful coloring or flavoring additives such as Red 5, Yellow 5, and Yellow 6.
- Beware of CBD companies that make false claims. Currently CBD is only FDA approved for Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. If a company is claiming they can cure alzheimer’s disease, parkinson’s disease, or cancer they are not being truthful or ethical.
Is CBD Effective?
Yes, CBD can be effective for many therapeutic uses depending on the quality of products, the correct dose, and the appropriate product. If you have gone through the steps to ensure you are buying a safe product, then you can feel comfortable that you have a quality product.
Finding a dose that is effective is an individual process and depends on:
- Body Weight
- Variety of conditions
The best way is to start with an average dose of approximately 25mg of CBD. It is also recommended to keep a daily dosage log so you can record exactly how much you are taking, and the results you are feeling. After a week os so if you are not feeling any results, you may need higher doses. If you feel you are taking too much CBD, because you are feeling too relaxed, then start to lessen your dose.
There are different ways to use CBD. Choose the correct product for the condition you are seeking to treat. For minor aches and pains, a topical that can be massaged into the effective area is a great choice. However, a topical is not recommended for stress relief, and a more effective alternative is a CBD oil tincture. If you are unsure of which product to choose, contact the company who should be able to help identify the best, most effective product for your individual needs.
Therapeutic Effects of CBD
CBD is known for it antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. While further research and more clinical studies are needed, CBD is showing great promise as a natural remedy for various medical conditions including:
- Chronic Pain Relief
- Sleep Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
CBD may help relieve discomfort associated with joint pain or arthritis by reducing the inflammation that is causing the problem. CBD can have a very soothing and calming effect, which is helpful for those experiencing insomnia or daily stress.
Side Effects of CBD Use
As with any supplement, there are occasional, though fairly rare, potential side effects. While most experience no side effects, some occasionally report nausea, dry mouth, and sleepiness. While these common side effects may occur for a very few people, they are generally harmless when compared to the more serious side effects of many prescription drugs. Additionally, those who experience these side effects are often able to remedy them by adjusting their daily dosage and take less CBD.
There is also the possibility of drug interactions if you are currently taking a prescription medication. Please discuss the use of CBD oil products with your healthcare provider before beginning any new supplement.
Palm Organix CBD
Here at Palm Organix we carry some of most safe and effective CBD products on the market today. Our entire line of products are THC Free lab tested. Our knowledgable customer care team is available by phone and email to answer any questions you may have, and even place your order during the call. We provide free shipping on all orders, no minimum purchase required. We are so sure you will love our pure CBD products that we offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. Once you find the perfect Palm Organix CBD product for you, join our monthly subscription service, and save on CBD every month.