Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are not joining Queen Elizabeth in the monarch’s Balmoral estate in Scotland this summer, according to a report.
Unnamed insiders told Page Six that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are not included in the Queen’s summer guest list.
The update came after The Sun claimed in a recent report that the 96-year-old British monarch extended an olive branch to Prince Harry and Markle by inviting them to Balmoral, where Queen Elizabeth traditionally retreats in the late summer months.
However, multiple unnamed sources told Page Six that Prince Harry, Markle and their children Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, will not be flying to Scotland and instead will stay in the U.S. ahead of the publication of the Duke of Sussex’s highly anticipated memoir this fall.
A rep for Prince Harry and Markle was unavailable for comment, according to Page Six.
On Thursday, Queen Elizabeth was spotted leaving her royal residence of Windsor Castle to travel to her Balmoral estate, People reported.
Balmoral Castle will remain open to the public until Aug. 2 this year, so the Queen is expected to spend the next week staying elsewhere on the estate — possibly her private Scottish country home Craigowan Lodge, which is about a mile away from the castle — before officially moving in, according to the outlet.
Queen Elizabeth will spend the months of August and September at her highland retreat, where she will be joined by other family members, including Prince William, his wife Kate Middleton and their kids, Prince George, 9, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4.
Prince Harry and Markle last saw the Queen in June when they flew to the U.K. for the monarch’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
During their visit, the couple reportedly introduced their daughter Lilibet to her namesake great-grandmother for the first time.
Prince Harry and Markle previously joined the Queen in Balmoral in 2018 after their royal wedding. However, they reportedly were not able to return in 2019 as they were still adjusting to life as new parents to their son Archie at the time. The Sussexes reportedly agreed to visit the Queen in 2020 but were not able to travel due to restrictions amid the COVID-19 pandemic.