International Panic Day is observed on June 18 to bring awareness about panic and help people to have better control of their stressful day-to-day situations.
A panic attack is a kind of fear response that sums up a person’s reaction to danger, stress, or excitement.
Panic attacks happen due to different reasons for different people. Certain places, situations, or activities seem to trigger panic attacks for some people.
Although getting stressed is quite common, it can be detrimental to health. Studies have found that having a stress-free life will reduce the chances of illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
The first step in controlling panic is to accept the fact that it is normal to get overwhelmed or stressed. A few simple steps like focusing on your breathing, tasting mint-flavored sweets or gum, and touching or cuddling something soft will help a person to calm down during a panic attack.
Here are some quotes that will help you keep stressful situations under control. courtesy: Brainy Quotes
- “So the pie isn’t perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic.”-Martha Stewart
- “Panic causes tunnel vision. Calm acceptance of danger allows us to more easily assess the situation and see the options.”-Simon Sinek
- “My father taught me, in boxing, that when you – particularly when you get hit in the face for the first time – you’re going to panic. That instead of panicking, just accept it. Stay calm. And any time anybody hits you, they always leave themselves open to being hit.”- Rudy Giuliani
- “I used to panic and get rattled when I was young, but as I’ve got older, I’ve started literally to live day to day. With age, you work out what matters.”-Joanna Lumley
- Panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination.”-Christian Nestell Bovee
- “As every scuba diver knows, panic is your worst enemy: when it hits, your mind starts to thrash and you are likely to do something really stupid and self-destructive.”-Daniel Dennett
- “Generals don’t panic; then the troops never panic.”-Shaquille O’Neal